Saturday, October 13, 2012

Trip to Dallas

As I laid Tristan down at 12:30 Thursday morning, I wondered if I should even attempt sleep myself.  I decided to finish up some work and start getting ready.  It wasn't worth it to stress about sleeping through the alarm and I was NOT missing this appointment.  We managed to get everything packed (yes I over packed, but hey, I'm a little OCD so what did you expect?) excluding the stroller, which we quickly realized we definitely needed.  Got on the road and Tristan started screaming.  Not going to lie.  I thought it was going to be a sign of the day...just for a split second!  I couldn't allow that to happen.  I have been so hopeful about this appointment and it was going to remain that way.  We get to the hospital almost an hour early.  (My Dad would probably fall out of his chair if he knew this was the 2nd time in two weeks I was early for an appointment.)  We were checked in and had to go here, then there, then back to here...it was a lot of shuffling.  (Hence the need for the stroller.)  Can I just tell you how much more shuffling I would do?  The physician we saw was just amazing.  Before he even ordered x-rays, he told us what was wrong.  The x-rays simply confirmed it.  Once he had the x-rays, we went over every bone in Tristan's hand and he explained what we were looking at for surgery options.  We are looking at two different options for surgery, however we will need to go back in 6 months for additional x-rays to determine the path for surgery.  The great news is, with either surgery we are quite happy.  Such a huge difference than the last surgeon.

After the hustle and bustle of the morning, we were able to spend the afternoon with Brent's Aunt Nancy.  She was such a pleasure to be with.  We went to lunch and were able to spend some time at her house.  She lovingly played hostess to my friend (of many many years) Rachel and her daughter, Madison.  Tristan and Madison had their first play date.  It was so cute and I'm not sure who took more photos.

Needless to say, our trip to Dallas was quite eventful, but also relaxing.  We loved our family and friend time.

Thank you again, Nancy, for being our hostess.  We truly appreciate it.


Entertaining babies can wear a man out!
Tummy time?  Yep, I got this!
Madison and Tristan being entertained by Brent.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that the appointment went well and that the options are good ones no matter what direction you take. Glad you had a great visit and you were able to relax some. Love y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! Call you tomorrow after work.

    ReplyDelete