Saturday, March 23, 2013

Change is good, right? We have lots!

So many things are going on with our family.  I still sit here and can't wrap my head around the fact that my baby boy will be 8 months old Sunday!  He is the light of our lives and we just can't get past just how quickly each minute goes by with him.  He is such a blessing.

So I've dealt with the issues of massive explosion diapers long enough.  I'm tired of scrubbing onesies, sheets, socks, pants....you name it and I've scrubbed the disgusting out of it.  Not to mention the amount of diaper rash this poor lil man has had to deal with.  We have been using sensitive disposals and it still never seems to go away.  As of today, we have begun our cloth diapering stash!  We have decided to try to go cloth for many reasons but had a fantastic time tonight at Baby Earth in Round Rock deciding which adorable diapers we will start with.  Wish us luck...I'm thinking we will need it!

Tuesday is our 2 year anniversary!  (Again, where in the world is time going??)  Brent decided to not get me cotton, but to get me metal instead!!!  I finally found the perfect Mommy car...or SUV.  Pictures to come!  We absolutely love it.

Brent has landed a job in Aspen, Colorado and decided to take all of us!!  How awesome is it that we all get to go?  We are beyond excited.  I get to see friends I haven't seen in far too long and they get to meet Brent and Tristan.  Needless to say, now that we have the SUV, Brent and I are both dying to head up already.  We will take some time to relax as well.  It will be nice to get away for a little bit.

Tristan's 7th month included attempting to feed sweet potatoes and once again closed lipped it.  He started crawling like a champ and still won't crawl the traditional way.  The child has the most unique crawl ever.  He began walking, supported of course.  His favorite night time is when he gets to walk between Brent and me.  He always looks back to see if the other person is watching.  When he sees you are, he gets this massive "LOOK AT ME!" smile going.  I bought him a pair of shoes today....SIZE 5!!!  His feet are so big already.  He loves cartoons on during the day, however he doesn't watch until they sing.  Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood (aka Mister Rogers), Cat in the Hat and Curious George are just a few of his favorites.  He's almost 22 pounds and I'm dying to see all the changes the next month brings with him walking more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment